If you support the women who bring life into this world, BIRTHFIT seminars are for you. Build your skill set and connect with the #birthfit tribe at one of our upcoming seminars, taking place at locations across the United States and around the world.
Attend the BIRTHFIT Professional Seminar
The BIRTHFIT Professional seminar is for doctors of chiropractic, doctors of physical therapy, doulas, midwives, acupuncturists, and more. This is for any therapist and/or professional that specializes in women’s health.
We will cover functional anatomy and physiology as it relates to the pregnant and postpartum woman, common presentations and recommendations for you as a practitioner, and how to integrate this work and the four pillars of BIRTHFIT into your practice and lifestyle.
Every practitioner who sees pregnant and/or postpartum women should take this course!
OBJECTIVES OF THE BIRTHFIT PROFESSIONAL SEMINAR:
Format: 9:00 am – 6:00 pm, Friday, Saturday & Sunday (please plan accordingly)
REGISTER FOR AN UPCOMING PROFESSIONAL SEMINAR:
Attend the BIRTHFIT Coach Seminar
The BIRTHFIT Coach Seminar is a strength and conditioning seminar for those who work with pregnant and postpartum athletes. This is for coaches, personal trainers, and anyone who works with women in the fitness world.
OBJECTIVES OF THE BIRTHFIT COACH SEMINAR:
- Learn basic anatomy and physiology associated with a woman’s body, pregnancy, birth, and postpartum.
- Understand the BIRTHFIT definition of “core” and discover the origins of functional movement and breath; integrate these principles into both prenatal and postpartum training.
- Explore the idea of fitness, strength, and conditioning specifically in the context of labor and delivery; understand the need to move with intention and train for birth. The intention is quality over quantity; it is not what you do, but how you do it.
- Understand beneficial movements and movements to avoid for specific trimesters.
- Facilitate a woman’s respect for her body and make space for her instincts — this trust starts in the gym. AWARENESS.
- Gain a respect for the uniqueness of both the birth and postpartum healing processes.
- Each woman has her own healing process and timeline.
Format: 3 days