Farmers Markets can be a great way for you to live a more 'green' lifestyle. However, they can be super intimidating if you have never been to one. Whenever I travel, I try to stop in on at least one farmer's market to get local, seasonal produce to snack on and share with the people I know. Here are a few of my tips for navigating the farmer's market scene...
Farmers Markets Benefits:
- Good for the environment.
- Increase local produce.
- Strengthen the community.
- Find veggies, eggs, meats, fish, clothing, soaps, etc.
- A lot of markets are open year round with seasonal crops.
Questions to ask farmers:
- Where is your farm?
- Do you use pest control or fertilizer? If so, what?
- What do you feed your animals and how are they raised?
- In reference to produce, when was this picked?
- Do you have any favorite recipes?
- Farmer’s Market Coalition
- Sustainable Table
- Local Harvest
- Field to Plate
- What’s on my Food?
- Eat Wild
BirthFIT’s Verison of 13.5:
9 Thrusters (65#)
9 Pull ups
Rest 2 min.
9 Pull ups
* Advanced (65#), Intermediate (45#), Beginner (PVC).
* Dumb bells can be used if the belly gets in the way.
*Assitance on pull ups is definitely okay.